Skip to main content

the year in clears #18: paranormasight - the seven mysteries of honjo

[archived from a cohost post, originally made on july 12, 2024]

this one was played in a blitz of like two days because I knew it would be relatively quick, I would enjoy it, and by getting all its achievements I'd hit precisely the 34 achievements I'd need to have 8,000 achievements on my steam profile with 69 perfect games

anyway, irrespective of that weird itch of mine, this was a really enjoyable time!

it has a few meta mechanical gimmicks that made me laugh when they came up, and the worst of the jumpscare/thriller horror sections are pretty frontloaded before it becomes more of a horrific mystery adventure game; the weaving of multiple protagonists' timelines and priorities together works really well. there's quite a few solid reveals and the ending was pretty satisfying for me, even having predicted it. it's a fun exploration of the way history and historical tragedies are turned into urban legends, as well!